Thursday, March 24, 2011

JADIS - Hidden Gem on the Lower East Side


If I lived closer to the Lower East Side, I'd probably have my own stool at this bar.  After volunteering for Musicians on Call last night, my musician and I decided to check out Jadis (42 Rivington St bw Eldridge & Forsyth).  Brick walls, cabinets of wine, wooden bar tops and leather couches in back all suit my style.  This bar is intimate, romantic, cozy and great for friends, couples, first dates and small parties.  In fact, this might be the place I hold my 33rd birthday this year.  On Mondays, Jadis offers 30% off bottles over $30 and they have half price wines by the glass from 5-7PM (Tuesday thru Saturday).  Last night we ordered a bottle of Annabella 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon for $39...delicious!!  In addition to wines & champagnes, they offer beer as well.  We didn't eat but Jadis serves starters for $3-8 (olives, crab cakes, bacon wrapped scallops, etc), salads for $11-15 (3 options), quiches served w/ salad for $10-12 (4 options), pressed sandwiches served w/salad for $9-12 (4 options), 8 different types of charcuteries at $7-9 and 9 different types of fromages at $6-8. They've got two desserts to offer those with a sweet tooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment