Tuesday, May 10, 2011

THE SWELL SEASON - Tribeca Film Festival


A group of us went to see "The Swell Season" at the Tribeca Film Festival.  I had never been to the festival so this was one check off my "bucket list".  If you don't recognize the name of the band, you might know them as Academy Award Winners for Best Original Song "Falling Slowly" from Once.  This is by far one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard.  Jill and I had the honor of seeing them perform more than once in NYC.  Our first show at Radio City bought me to tears.  They're such a humble pair and their music is amazing!!!  This film documents their love, her struggle with fame and the challenges within their own relationship.  It's a touching film and I hope it brings great success to the three directors who worked on it for three years.

No comments:

Post a Comment