Tuesday, May 17, 2011

ROSEANNE BAR - AND I SHOULD KNOW


For those of us who grew up watching television in the late 80's, you should remember Roseanne.  Often rude and crass, Roseanne represented the "real" working class woman who didn't let men rule her world and she made her own decisions and played by her own rules.  I loved this show!!  I've always been an avid TV fanatic and this show most certainly falls into my top 10 of all time.  After all, it did last 9 years (an eternity in TV land).

As you all can see from previous posts, I never recommend reading anything...I'm not much of a book person.  However, I do read magazines and a lot of online articles.  I came across this article in New York Magazine and found it fascinating!!  I loved this show and had briefly heard rumors about Roseanne's battle with the network, writers and producer which is what made me continue reading.  Now I have to buy Roseanne's book and watch her new reality show.  She speaks her mind and I admire her for that!!!  She also empathizes with Charlie Sheen and can understand his demons.  Go Roseanne!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment