Friday, April 1, 2011

ARDESIA - Hell's Kitchen





Me, Alicia, Katharine, John, Abby & Cathy went to Ardesia (510 West 52nd St bw 10th & 11th) last night.  What a great spot!!!  They have happy hour from 5-7PM so try to get there early.  Alicia and I had the pleasure of seeing Mikhail Baryshnikov so the night started off great!!  Ardesia has a great variety of wines from all different regions and delicious food.  Katharine and I have been here once before for a tasting and we loved it (3 wines paired with 3 tastings).  This time arounnd, Alicia and I ordered the burrata cheese (shown above) served with pesto & Amy's bread.  It was so good that we ordered a second.  Katharine ordered the slate of crostini served with goat-milk ricotta, chicken liver mousse and fava bean puree.  Our bartender Phil was top notch letting us sample the wines to make a better decision.  For a wine lover like myself, I appreciate wine bars that let you sample the bottles as well as take the time to explain them.  Tyler (waiter) was a doll and Damon (host) was super sweet. I HIGHLY recommend checking this spot out.  You won't be disappointed!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment