Thursday, June 2, 2011

GOVERNOR'S ISLAND - BREWERS' PICNYC

 









Saturday a group of us went to Governor's Island for Brewers' PicNyc.  The ride to Governor's Island was free and it literally took 5 minutes to get there.  For a $15 entrance fee and tons of food & beer, who can complain?  The long beer lines were annoying but that was expected.  By far my favorite food truck was Gorilla Cheese followed by the Rickshaw Dumpling Truck.  Both were amazing but I'm a cheese head!!  The grilled cheese was probably the best I've ever had.  I ordered the Gruyere with caramelized onions & bacon on French bread.  The menu offered all different kinds of cheeses, breads, additions, sides and dipping sauces.  From Rickshaw Dumpling, I got the pork & Chinese chive dumplings which were delicious.  We all loved our food from both trucks!!!  Plus, the girls working both window were dolls.  Friendly service always makes for a better experience.  I can't wait to find these trucks in NYC again!!! 

1 comment:

  1. There's a Rickshaw Dumpling Bar shop on 23rd st. btwn 5th and 6th Ave. I go all the time...YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete