Wednesday, June 15, 2011

JERUSALEM


I went into the play Jerusalem knowing nothing behind the story nor the characters.  I came out of the play really liking it!!  While it's not in my top 5, Mark Rylance is most certainly in my top 3.  The subject matter is very different from my favorite play Next To Normal, both shows are tragic and depict suffering men.  If Joe Montello wasn't going to win the Tony Award, Mark Rylance was my next choice and he did win.  What a stellar performance playing the character Johnny "Rooster" Byron.  I mean, he killed it!!  My other favorites were supporting cast members Mackenzie Crook (Ginger), John Gallagher Jr. (Lee) and Allan David (The Professor).  Having seen John Gallagher Jr. in Spring Awakening, American Idiot and even three episodes of Law & Order, I must say he picks really good roles.  This is a limited engagement show, so hurry and go see it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment