Wednesday, July 27, 2011

SIR PAUL McCARTNEY


I'm not really sure that a picture or video of Sir Paul McCartney could do any justice.  "Something" told me this was going to be the best concert ever!!  By far this was the best "one man show" that I've EVER been to and I've been to over a hundred concerts.  As for multiple artists, I'd have to say The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame gets my vote and in close second Live Earth.  My heart belongs to old school music so naturally I had to go with a show featuring artists such as Simon & Garfunkel, Stevie Wonder, Crosby Stills & Nash, Smokey Robinson and so on.  Back to Paul, AMAZING!!!  Jill and I loved every second of it.  From "Blackbird", "Something", "Jet", "Eleanor Rigby", "Band On The Run", "Get Back", "Hey Jude" and "Let It Be"...the night just got better and better.  Paul was energetic, funny and so respectful of his Beatles.  "Maybe I'm Amazed" at the fact that he's still performing like it was "Yesterday"???  Anyone who knows me knows that I'm Beatles obsessed.  If I could decorate my apartment in all Beatles merchandise I would but I'd be single forever.  If I didn't have plans Saturday night, I would've gone to show number two which had Billy Joel as a guest.  If he comes back to town, you bet I'll be there.  By the way, I scored our tickets off of Craigslist.  I was able to find ground seats in comfortable chairs for less than $140 which was way less than the guy bought them for.  You must be savvy when buying from a stranger.  These weren't what you'd call cheap tickets but they were worth every single penny!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment