Wednesday, February 13, 2013

AKA Doc Pomus - Benefit for Musicians On Call



On November 27th, Musicians On Call hosted a screening of AKA Doc Pomus At Tribeca Cinemas.  It was a super successful benefit having raised over $13,000!!  This film was near and dear to my heart as I grew up listening to all of these songs with my father.  I shed a few tears at the very end because this man lived in the shadow of some of the greatest rock & roll songs of all-time.  I had no idea he was behind hits such as "This Magic Moment", "Save the Last Dance for Me", "Sweets For My Sweet", "Viva Las Vegas" and "A Teenager in Love".  I almost fainted when Ben E. King spoke to me and I got a glimpse of Lou Reed as well.  If you're a true music lover, I recommend seeing this documentary!!

To read more on this wonderful event, check out this link: http://www.musiciansoncall.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=5665.

To watch a clip on this movie, watch below:

No comments:

Post a Comment