Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE


My #broadwaybuddy (Jill) and I went to see A Streetcar Named Desire starring Blair Underwood (Stanley), Nicole Ari Parker (Blanche), Daphne Rubin-Vega (Stella) and Wood Harris (Mitch) on April 19th.  I had read the book, watched the movies but this was my first time seeing the staged version.  Overall, I was a fan of this show.  The set design was stunning and the costumes on par.  Blair and Nicole were great leading roles and I rather enjoyed Wood as well.  If you read my previous posting on the musical Evita, you'll see my comment about inappropriate behavior.  Again, audience members were screaming, shouting and even praising the Lord anytime Blair removed his shirt or showed any bit of skin.  It's just not the time & place for such behavior.  Whether a black or white cast, the show was worth seeing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment