Monday, September 17, 2012

ONCE


My #broadwaybuddy (Jill) and I went to see Once on March 15th and this was by far the best musical that I've seen in a long time!!  In fact, it moved into my top 3 of all-time.  Jill and I were in awe of this production.  On top of seeing the movie Once and the documentary The Swell Season as well as hearing Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová perform live three times...we knew this show would live up to the hype.  In fact, we saw it during previews but had heard so much about it.  It did not disappoint.  Steve Kazee was fantastic!!  He melted my heart in this role and rightfully earned his Tony Award.  Cristin Milioti was perfection as well.  In fact, the entire supporting cast as well as the leads had the crowd on their feet.  I loved that we got to go on stage and dance with the cast before the start of the show.  Please check out the songs on YouTube and you'll definitely want to buy the soundtrack on iTunes.  I can almost guarantee it!

This show is good for date night, it's good for parents & teenagers, it's good for the seniors crowd and it's ideal for lovers of music and people who just love the idea of love.  I know my words might sound a bit twisted, but there's no other way to express how much I think every Broadway fan must see this show!!  Just listen for yourself:

No comments:

Post a Comment